Using the site safely
- How do I protect my profile against hacking?Follow these recommendations to secure your OK.RU account:
Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 05.04.2016
- never click an unknown or suspicious link, even if your friend sent it. Before following a link, make sure that it was actually sent by your friend and not a hacker! Your friend's profile might be compromised and hackers could be spamming from that profile;
- check the addresses of the links from received messages. Our address always includes the domain ok.ru;
- check your computer for viruses on a regular basis (at least once a week). Update your antivirus software regularly;
- use a fast but safe web browser;
- don't store your password for easy log in;
- enter your Odnoklassniki username and password only on ok.ru;
- don't share your username and password, even with people you trust most. Your passwords should be known only to you;
- keep your username and password in a safe place. Don't use your e-mail to store important information. If hackers gain access to your e-mail, they gain access to all your registration information;
- change your profile password regularly. Use a complex combination of letters and numbers as your password;
- provide your phone number during OK.RU registration. If your profile has been hacked, you can easily restore access to your account yourself;
- try to log in only from your own PC/phone/tablet;
- when leaving our website, don't simply close the tab in your browser: always log out using the "Log out" button.
- Log out from other devicesLogging out from other devices allows you to log out of your profile on another PC or device. Where do I find this button?
- Click "Settings" under your profile picture;
- in the menu to the left, select "Location history";
- scroll down the list, at the very bottom of the page you will find the "Log out on all devices" link;
- to perform this action, enter your password in the window that appears and click "Log out".
Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 16.11.2016
- If you see unfamiliar locations in your "Location history".
- If you have logged in to your profile from another device and forgot to log out, or if you have lost your mobile device or phone.
- If your friends have noticed that you appear online on the website when you actually were not.
- Why do I need to register an e-mail address and/or phone number in my profile?An active e-mail and phone are required to restore access if your password is forgotten or compromised. It may be problematic or even impossible to restore access without this information.Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 16.11.2016
- What is Two Factor Authentication? How do I enable it?Our specialists put a lot of effort into making OK even better, safer and more convenient. And already some users can access a new function – Two Factor Authentication. What is Two Factor Authentication? It is another way to protect your profile. If you enable this function, to log in to your profile you'll need not just a password but also a special single-use code that is sent to your mobile phone. How do I enable Two Factor Authentication?
Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 28.05.2017
- Click the ""Settings"" button under your profile picture
- Then go to the ""General"" tab in the left menu
- Select ""Two Factor Authentication"" from the settings list
- Move the pointer to the word ""Disabled"" and click the orange ""Enable"" button that appears
- Read the short instruction and confirm your selection
Please, specify why this answer was not helpful.
- The answer is inaccurate
- The answer is incomplete
- That's not what I was looking for.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?