How do I remove harmful plug-ins from Google Chrome?
If Google Chrome is acting unusual (shows ads or suspicious pages on launch, has additional toolbars or windows that won't close) or if the Customer Support Team requested that you remove your harmful plug-ins, there's a simple way to do that. You can use the free tool Сhrome Cleanup. It removes programs that alter Chrome behavior and resets all settings to defaults. To use this tool:
- Go tothis link;
- Click "Download", then read the terms and conditions and click "Accept and download"
- Open the downloaded file. The tool will immediately begin scanning your computer for any suspicious programs;
- When the scan is complete, you will see how many suspicious programs were detected;
- Click "Remove suspicious programs". Wait until you see the "Removal complete" message;
- Some open applications may be closed during the process;
- Click "Continue" to finish the process. (If your computer needs to be rebooted, you will see the "Reboot now" button instead);
- Chrome will open automatically and ask to reset browser settings. Click "Reset";
- Delete the installed browser plug-ins. You can learn how to do this here.
Was this answer helpful?