- How OK Calls workWe have re-launched the OK voice and video call service and made it even more convenient while increasing calls quality. You can call your loved ones in OK with any device: from the web-version of our social network without any additional programs or through OK Android and iOS apps. Make a call from an user messages page or your friend’s profile page. Just press the call button and talk! We have modified the conversation interface to achieve handy use of the website while talking to make our call service better. The artificial intelligence has helped us to do so: with its support we analyze connection quality and establishment time and set optimal parameters to ensure smooth and steady communication. During an OK video call, you can both talk and demonstrate your screen to your friends. You can also use virtual 3D masks to add emotions to the conversation.Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 20.08.2018
- What to I need to do to use the "Calls" service?If you want to both see and hear your friend in Calls, both of you will need web cameras. If you use the Calls service for the first time, you will have to enable access to your camera and microphone. To do this, click Enable in the window near the browser’s address bar. This option might work differently in various versions of the browser, but in the end you will see a message: Congratulations! You can now use your browser for Calls to the full extent! If something went wrong, don’t worry. The following tip may help you: if you use Chrome, type chrome://settings/content in the address bar and press Enter. Select the Microphone option in the appeared window. Make sure the “Ask before accessing” option is on: Make sure that the ok.ru address is not included in the Block list. In case it is, remove it: Repeat the same actions regarding the Camera option. Type chrome://settings/content and press Enter. Then choose the Camera option and make sure the settings are exactly the same as the ones in the Microphone option. If you use MozillaFirefox, click on the i icon left from the browser’s address bar: Click on the option mentioned below in the appeared window: Click More on the next step: Make sure Camera and Microphone options are set as shown below: If you use Opera, type opera://settings in the address bar and press Enter. Choose Sites option and make sure Camera and Microphone options are set as shown below: Launch the browser again and try to select Calls in the Messages menu. It should be OK this time!Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 25.09.2018
- How do I make a call?Before you make a call, please review the following information:
- You can only call users who are your friends;
- The person you want to call must be logged in to the website at the time and use either its full version or the OK app;
- The Calls service is absolutely free and available to all OK users for communication within the social network.
Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 20.08.2018
- Open your friend’s profile;
- Click the three dots to the right of the profile picture and select Call;
- Click the Turn On Video camera button to make a video call.
- I can't make a callIf you can't make a call to your friend, there may be several reasons for this. Please follow all our recommendations so that the issue is resolved for certain, and your browser's performance is improved as a bonus.
Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 29.12.2015
- Upgrade your browser to the latest version or try another browser:
- Check that you have the latest version of the free Adobe Flash Player software installed. You can download it here;
- Make sure that you have enabled the Flash plug-in;
- Check that your antivirus software blocks ads and unwanted content while on our website.
- Suitable browsers for Calls
- Screen broadcast during a video callYou could definitely use this new feature. You can now broadcast your computer screen to your friends during the video call. This feature will let you view photos and watch videos, discuss presentations, get a technical help and do a lot of other helpful things together. Screen broadcast is available for Google Chrome v. 65 or above (we will recommend you to upgrade it before the first call) and Firefox v. 52 or above (upgrade is not required). Click the Broadcast Screen button to begin screen broadcasting. You can do it before your friend picks up so they could see screen contents right away. You can broadcast the entire screen, or choose any open program for broadcasting. At the moment, we are working on screen broadcast for Opera, Amigo and Yandex.Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 20.08.2018
- Video call masksYou can add more emotions to the conversation with virtual 3D masks! You will be able to express joy, sadness and other emotions during the video call by selecting one of the masks. A purpose-built technology captures key points of your face, automatically applies the chosen mask to them and mirrors your facial movements during the video call real-time. At the moment masks are available for video calls through OK on iOS and Android platforms. Try them out!Was this info helpful? Yes • NoThank you for your answer!Article updated on 20.08.2018
Please, specify why this answer was not helpful.
- The answer is inaccurate
- The answer is incomplete
- That's not what I was looking for.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?